A school should do more than just teach.
This is why we have a range of extracurricular activities and services, ensuring that our students are best prepared to face their future outside the school gates.
As a Church of England Academy, we have strong links with the Holy Cross Parish Church. As part of our schools' Religious education program, the Rector, or a Curate from the church, comes in to take an assembly once a week and each day includes a short act of worship. Assemblies are of a mainly Christian nature but are not concerned with doctrines. We also look at other World Faiths.
Every week we hold a Celebration Assembly where parents are invited to share the enjoyment of watching their child receive a Star of the Week certificate. At the end of every short term, extra certificates area awarded, recognising achievements in all curriculum areas
As a David Ross Education Trust Academy, we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
Activities include visual and performing arts, including dance, drama and music. There is also a focus on art, sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
Highlights from last year include:
- A Big Sing led by Opera North
- 14 of our primary schools participated in the Shakespeare Schools Festival.
- 6 of our primary schools worked with The Northern Ballet, this involved a trip to see a production and several workshops.
- Several of our Northamptonshire schools developed partnerships with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube.
Our most recent opportunities include:
- A working partnership with Lincoln Castle, Gainsborough Old Hall and The Museum of Lincolnshire Life, offering half or full day trips.
- Nevill Holt Farm: A working farm available to our schools for day trips or camping overnight.
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801